Thursday, September 6, 2007

Blogger Going On IR?

... we shall see.

Went to the doctors last month for some pain in my left shoulder. Woke up one day with that "I slept wrong" kind of back ache and it got worse over a few weeks. They gave me some stretches and muscle relaxants, and told me to come back in a month if I wasn't better.

I took the holistic route on top of that, taking a valerian mix and an arnica gel to help speed the process.

No dice. Today was a month, and it hasn't been healing. There's pain radiating down the left arm, a sore elbow, numbness in my finger tips. So my doctor sent me for an MRI to rule out a herniated disc. Results were sent back to my doctor tonight, but I won't have them until Wednesday.

Problem is I have no patience, and I'm a busy man. Previews for a couple of papers are due, I'm trying to keep up with two blogs, and -- this just in -- I have a day job!

So I'll try to be patient, keep doing my stretches, and hope I don't need surgery. Heck, the MRI was bad enough. It's a bad time to find out I have a bit of claustrophobia!

Stay tuned ...



No comments: