Thursday, November 22, 2007

Back From the Disabled List, In Time for States

Sorry for my absence, I've fallen behind trying to keep up with the FCIAC Football Blog, keeping up with the overflow of my day job, making sure a ton of extra work was filed for future newsletters and print issues there, and having my cervical fusion surgery.

Ugh, I'm glad I'm back. Had to even miss calling the SWC championship game for SportingNewsCT.com. Phil Soto-Ortiz gave me the invite to do color, but I didn't even get out of work until 9 that night.

But I got to listen to a classic clash between Masuk and Bunnell. And looking at how the Class L brackets are going to fall, it looks like Round Three could be held on Dec. 1. Now would Tuumbull High School (yuck) be considered the neutral site if it's the Panthers and the Bulldogs for the Class L title?

Let's hope so. Keep the travel easy for everyone.

Anyway, they both have to play games Tuesday first. Bunnell will host Staples in a rematch of last year's Class L championship game. Masuk travels to West Hartford for a date with Conard.

I'll have more about these games, plus some Thanksgiving press clips, before Tuesday.



No comments: