Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Order Up: Former Post Writer Running Family Diner

I was on the phone last night with Sean Patrick Bowley of the Connecticut Post, talking about The Fifty Yard Line, a show that will be streamed in live video Tuesday evenings starting next week.

I was telling him that Matt Levine, the creator, found out the manager of the restaurant he was working with to be the show's home was no longer there, and I started thinking aloud about alternative sites... just in case.

So Sean says, "[Former Connecticut Post lead high school writer Dave] Agostino and his family own a diner in Stamford. That could be a good place."

And I seriously considered it, until I got to Route 22 Restaurant & Bar and saw that Matt had secured an even better corner of the place to shoot from.

But then I picked up The Advocate today, and what's on Page B-1? A feature on the Bedford Street Diner, the one Agostino and his sisters own. It's a very good story, and a must read. And I think I'm going to have to take in lunch there some time soon.

No comments: