Thursday, September 13, 2007

Pain in the Neck: Part II

That's me. Or at least that's my neck during Thursday's MRI.

See what looks like train tracks running down the middle, and something that looks like a highway next to it? The train tracks are my discs, and that highway is a nerve.

That track that's bumping into the highway? Yeah, that's not good. In fact, two of the disks may be bumping into the nerve.

So what does that mean? No strenuous activity at least until I see a neurological surgeon on October 1. Which is fine because I will be on vacation in Florida from Sept. 22-30 (Scouting Naples... yeah, that's it!).

It also means I have to heal with pain in my shoulder, my back, my left elbow, my arm... tingling in my left fingers, numbness down the left arm.

Hey, life could be worse, right?



No comments: